Following CDC guidelines and recommendations from local health authorities, we have a fluid plan in place for safely reopening our InJoy Music studios for IN PERSON Kindermusik classes and piano lessons. We are so excited to see all our families in person in the safest way possible.
These new policies will be updated as the medical community learns more, and COVID-19 cases change in our community.
The precautions we are taking to keep everyone safe may change how a Kindermusik class at our studios feels. Like you, we are looking forward to the decline of the virus in our community and availability of vaccines that will allow us to gather without these limitations. That said, with the adjustments outlined in these policies, we’ll be able to significantly mitigate risk while attending our in-person classes and can once again enjoy gathering as a musical community.
At our studio, we will focus on the 3 Ws: Watch your distance. Wear a mask. Wash your hands.
Watch Your Distance
- Keeping your distance from others significantly limits the spread of COVID-19.
- To ensure appropriate physical distance inside each of our studio spaces, only one adult will be permitted to attend with each student. No extra siblings or unregistered children will be allowed in the studios.
- We may no longer necessarily be sitting in a circle. Markers on the floor will identify space for your family to sit, stand, dance and play while keeping the proper distance away from another family.
- Adults and school aged children will be asked to keep a physical distance of 6 feet when able while in the building.
- Children under 3.5 years cannot and will not be expected to keep distance but we will discourage touching when we can and will have a box for instruments that get picked up by others and clean instruments will be available to replace. Bringing your child to class should assume some risk, for our kids will be kids. If you are at all concerned with a baby or child wandering into your space, you may want to consider joining us for virtual classes instead.
- The waiting room will only be available for stowing shoes and bags during class. We will not be allowing playtime or extended gathering until physical distancing is no longer needed. Enter the building for your class no more than 5 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning between classes and for the previous class to exit the space. If you arrive earlier than 5 minutes before your class start time, please wait in your car.
- If your child is in a Level 3 class or above, we ask that you go to your car to wait until sharing time starts. At the designated time, please come inside and wait quietly outside the classroom, keeping mindful of distance between waiting adults. The educator will open the door when they are ready for sharing time to begin.
Wear Your Mask
- Wearing masks significantly limits the spread of Covid-19. There are NO health risks to wearing a mask for 40-45 minutes of class.
- Teachers will be wearing properly fitted masks, covering both mouth and nose and close-fitting to the face.
- Properly fitted masks over the mouth AND NOSE are required for all adults the entire time they are in the building.
- Children 5 years and older are required to wear masks while they are in the building.
- Masks, if tolerated well, are encouraged but not required for children 2-5 years old.
Wash Your Hands
- When you wash your hands and/or use sanitizer OFTEN, you significantly limit the spread of Covid-19.
- We will have hand sanitizer at the entrance of each classroom.
- We will require all students and adults to sanitize or wash hands before, during, and after class.
- Bathrooms are available with soap, hot water, and paper towel dispensers should you prefer to wash hands instead of using sanitizer.
In Case of Illness
- You and your child may NOT enter the building if you or they are ill.
- With optional online classes from home, you NEVER need to attend class when you or your children are ill.
- If you have ANY question about whether you should attend class due to symptoms, please contact us.
- Teachers will immediately cancel in-person class and give you access to our virtual classes if they are ill.
- This policy is very strict and will be enforced and communicated often. Do not enter the building when you or your child is ill.
Please take temperatures often at home. If it has been above 100.4 in the past 2 days, stay home and contact us to request access to virtual classes.
You (and our teachers) may NOT enter the building if you or your child could answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, any shortness of breath, or a sore throat?
- Have you experienced any recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have thick nasal discharge?
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit today or within the last 48 hours?
- Have you travelled anywhere in the last week with a high incidence of COVID-19?
If you answer YES to any of the above, you will not be allowed to enter the Kindermusik classroom, but rather you will be encouraged to give consideration to contacting your health provider and attending a Zoom live virtual class.
Disinfecting and Cleaning
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be done in between classes.
- ALL bathroom touch points will be disinfected in between classes.
- ALL common touch points will be disinfected in between classes. (door handles, sanitizer stations, light switches, counters, glass, entrances)
- All materials for class are disinfected and provided in each families’ own PERSONAL bin. Example: 4 shakers, 2 drums and dancing scarves.
- ALL used instruments and props washed/disinfected before next use.
- Shoes are taken off and bags are placed in the shoe area. Socks will be required for all adults.
Kindermusik Virtual Classes
- Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, should you decide you don’t feel safe to attend classes, you may switch to our Kindermusik Virtual Class Program for you to enjoy safely at home.
- We plan on continuing our live Kindermusik virtual classes indefinitely, as long as they are in demand! We have many new families in the studio that don’t live in the Kansas City area, and virtual classes are an amazing option for parents with newborns or kiddos with health issues.
- Due to this option, you should be able to quickly adjust should we need to cancel an in-person class due to any illness or COVID exposure.