As the world’s leader in music education programs for young children, we share a commitment to follow, participate in, and integrate the newest research on how children learn best, which also means including the latest technology in fun, age-appropriate, and family-friendly ways. To help support the growing importance of technology fluency, we are proud to include Kindermusik @Home Materials with your enrollment. These online learning materials truly embody the very best of both worlds—a responsible introduction to technology AND lots of hands-on, movement-rich, in-your-lap, down-on-the-floor learning. This philosophy aligns with the recommendations for screen time set forth by the NAEYC and the Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning. Once you’ve registered your account, you can log in at my.kindermusik.com, where you can access your Kindermusik @Home Materials with all of your favorite Kindermusik songs and activities, music, eBooks, and lyrics any time from your smart phone, iPad, tablet, laptop, or computer. With recipes, learning games for kids, crafts, and more in a green-friendly digital format, we make it easy for parents and caregivers to actively support their children’s learning on-the-go—from the living room to the grocery store to the doctor’s office! Plus, with each new learning theme, Kindermusik adds new content and new music to your family’s growing collection!
Take a Tour
Registering your new account at my.Kindermusik.com
Un-Zip and Burn – Here’s how:
- Click on album link to download.
- Open the download.
- Click to Extract or Unzip the file. (The word EXTRACT or UNZIP may appear toward the top of your screen or may be accessed by a right click.) Most computers come with software to extract files and will know exactly what to do. If your computer does not, you will need to download this free software, 7zip. Follow the directions on the site. It’s easy.
- When you click to extract or unzip the album, it will ask you where you want to save it. I usually choose to put it in Libraries/Music. I have folders for each curriculum and under that, folders for each unit. Example: Libraries/Music/KMLaugh&Learn/Carnival of Music
- To be able to easily transfer my music to my phone, iPad, iPod, or to burn a CD, I copy the audio files into iTunes. It is free to download and easy to use. Just drag or copy/paste the audio files into your music library on iTunes.
- Create a playlist in iTunes. Click on File (top left corner), select New Playlist. It will create a place for you to give your playlist a name, such as the name of the album.
- Drag the new tracks from the music library into your playlist.
- To burn a CD, click on the same file tab (top left corner), and select Burn playlist to disc.
12 Reasons Why Parents Love their Kindermusik @Home Materials
- Easy access—available from any smart phone, tablet, laptop or computer so the learning can happen anywhere at anytime.
- Go-to and trusted source for “play time” ideas for you and your child to do together, both online and offline.
- Introduces children to technology in an age-appropriate and family-friendly way that encourages hands-on learning.
- Adds new stories, games, and music! to your family’s expanding library that grows with your child and is specifically designed to reach those early childhood milestones, from birth to 6 years old – and, access is yours forever!
- Provides inspiration for “together time” through dance and movement activities, focused listening games, video field trips, find-it/count-it style activities, and more!
- Connects your classroom learning with your family’s daily routines and rituals.
- Gives you the ability to do activities offline, including providing printable activity pages and lyrics pages for all of the songs.
- “Why It’s Good for Your Child” area provides you with expert advice and educational insight behind the activities
- Music downloads: songs, rhymes, stories and sounds from class
- Literature book in eBook format encourages early literacy and language development and can be read anywhere
- Supports a parent’s role as a child’s first and best teacher
- It’s fun for the whole family—now and for years to come!
Fun ideas for using your Kindermusik @Home Materials
- For playtime: Go on a video field trip and then use your imagination to recreate what you saw.
- For early literacy development: Read your Kindermusik eBook before bedtime or while you wait at the doctor’s office. Ask your child questions about the book, point out the letters and words, and define new vocabulary words.
- For driving in the car: Let your child play “DJ” by selecting the music on the way to the store.
- For social development: Make Wednesday a musical craft day and invite a playmate over!
- For rest time: Use the printable activities as a quiet time activity in the early afternoon, especially if your child no longer naps!
- For dinner time: Let your child play the online games in the kitchen while you also make dinner—or use one of the recipes to make something together.
- For music development: Play Kindermusik at home with your child as the teacher.
- For fun: Surprise your child and pick a favorite Kindermusik song and set as your ringtone for a special family member.